Saturday, March 26, 2011

General Claims

I think it's interesting how there are so many ways we can make general claims and it's hard to set formulas for contradictories. I also find it interesting how when people try to win in an argument that sometimes they contradict themselves. For example, an acquaintance said "I have free movie tickets since one of my high school friend works at the theater" to a friend of mine. She didn’t know that this friend was close to me. The weird thing about it is that she only knew I started working there because she recently went to see a movie at the theater I work at. Just because we’ve met a couple of times, it doesn’t mean she’ll get anything for free from me. I believe she can use some tips on general claims. When we say something to someone, we should make sure that it is the truth (because lies usually contradict anyway...).

No comments:

Post a Comment