Saturday, February 5, 2011

Discussion Q #2

Vague example; I am also a foodie.
I know that for most people, they would wonder how a sentence like this would be vague. I was having a conversation with a new friend the other day, and this person had claimed that he is a foodie. It made me excited because I myself claim that I am one as well. I realized this statement was vague to him when I discovered that this guy only meant that he loved food, not that he knew much about it. We had gone to eat Thai food for lunch, and thinking that he was a foodie, I began to talk about the food we were eating (i.e.: breaking down the ingredients, flavors, etc.) and he was looking at me as if I was crazy. I was a bit dumbfounded by his reaction until he asked why I was doing that. Oh, the blasphemy! This guy lost his brownie points.

1 comment:

  1. what is a foodie? I myself was wondering what that could mean. A bunch of different thoughts tossed around in my head. I guess if no one clarifies what it is, people have different definitions for it.

    ReplyDelete